Invitation for Expressions of Interest – Event Management for the 2013 St Pauls Carnival
St Pauls Carnival is an African Caribbean Carnival which takes place on the first Saturday of July each year, attracting up to 100,000 attendees. Highlights include a masquerade, live music, street sound systems, a children’s creative area and a range of stalls. The Carnival also runs a supporting programme of workshops and events leading up to the day including mas camps with local schools and community members. The Carnival has run for 44 years within the St Pauls area of Bristol and it is well established and respected within the artistic community regionally, nationally and internationally.
We are now inviting suitably experienced companies to tender for the event management of the 2013 St Pauls Carnival.
The contract for the event will be for 1 year, with the option of a two-year extension. Tenders will be invited on the basis of a fixed fee.
Organisations wishing to tender for the event management contract must send written confirmation containing the following information:
• Your organisation name and trading status
• Full contact details including, name, title, address, telephone number(s), email address
• Listing of relevant professional qualifications/membership of professional bodies for each applicant or group of applicants
• Summary of relevant experience for this contract, with particular relevance to working with the community of St Pauls, supporting the local economy and willingness to provide opportunities for community skills development
• Details of what you see as the main challenges in managing the St Pauls Carnival event and how you would overcome these
• A copy of your organisations equality/diversity policies
• Any other information that you think is relevant
Please note that we will only consider expressions of interest containing all the requested information. The deadline for expressions of interest is Friday 14th December
Expressions of interest must be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to; St Pauls Carnival, The Coach House, Upper York Street, St Pauls, Bristol, BS2 8QU.